Junior Science – CIÊNCIA PARA CRIANÇAS® is a strategy of teaching experimental science directed at children from the age of 5 and is already being successfully implemented in several schools of the Country since 2013, in Porto and 2016 in Lisbon. It also has international experience in two private colleges in Cameroon and the Democratic Republic of Congo.
WHAT ARE THE OBJECTIVES?
A) To gradually bring children closer to scientific methodology;
B) Contribute to the scientific literacy of children using the scientific names of some everyday “things”;
C) Develop a set of skills that make any intellectual work sustainable: attention, concentration, curiosity, critical thinking, the ability to design a new solution to a new problem, the ability to work together and finally promote respect and nature conservation.
WHAT IS THE METHODOLOGY USED FOR THE 5 YEARS?
A) Use of games designed by the project that explore concepts such as: laterality, spatial orientation, data classification, geometric forms; the cardinal points;
B) Activities of direct contact with the science and nature use of typical laboratory environment materials such as test tubes, pipettes, gobelets and syringes.
|Monthly – (1 per week)||38,00 € / month|
Monthly (1 x week) – 38,00 € / month
- All regular students of Eurythmia School benefit from the offer of the registration fee;
- The quarterly payment benefits from a discount of 5%;
- The annual payment benefits from a discount of 7%;
- Discounts are not cumulative;
- Junior Science is charged 8 months (November to June);
- Monthly fees must be paid by the 8th of each month;
- There will be no deductions from tuition fees due to lack of attendance or interruptions in vacation periods;
- In case of dropping out of attendance, the Education Officer must communicate in writing quarterly in advance;
- Failure to comply with the previous point implies the payment of the quarter;
- The College reserves the right to change the price list, subject to prior notice, if circumstances warrant;
|Wednesday||Between 16.45 and 17.30|